About ADD International.
ADD International fights for equality, independence and opportunities for disabled people living in poverty, in Africa and Asia.
There are approximately 1 billion disabled people in the world – and around 150 million with very high levels of need. Shockingly small numbers of disabled children go to school leading to low literacy and low employment, and, for most disabled people, even basic health services are inaccessible. Disabled people are frequently discriminated against, stigmatised, and excluded from wider society – often by their own families.
From working with policy makers at the United Nations, to providing small grants to disabled women in rural areas of Uganda, ADD International is cutting through the noise to ensure that the voices of disabled people grow ever louder.
Are you the perfect volunteer?
We hope so! These are some of the things we're looking for. If you tick most of the boxes, we would love to hear from you!
The perfect volunteer has:
- A love of telling stories and a strong interest in design and the creative community
- A Facebook, a twitter and an Instagram account updated frequently, and even other social platforms. A blog would be great too.
- Willingness to learn how to use photo editing software
- An eye for good design
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
- Excellent written English
- Sense of humour
- Willingness to learn, but also to bring ideas and improvements on the table
- Access to a personal computer and internet connection
You will be key support the Fundraising and Communications team in bringing ADD International's work alive through the website, through social media and our blogs. You’ll help us get in touch with key audiences and influencers through social media. You will be finding and telling incredible stories through words and pictures, you'll create infographics, blog posts and you'll bring fresh ideas to our small Communications and Fundraising team. You'll get involved with our Policy team to understand their work at international level and with the country teams to find, capture and tell stories, and share them worldwide.
Throughout your internship voluntary work, assisted by the Communication team, you could be involved in activities such as:
- Conducting interviews with staff, to collect stories about our programmes.
- Participating at events, taking photos and/or videos, and collecting stories worth telling
- Creating great content to share on social media and through other digital channels
How to apply.
Please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Your CV (max 2 pages) or Linkedin link
- A cover letter/email, written in the form of a blog post, telling us why you'd be a great volunteer and your availability.
- The names, contact numbers and addresses of 2 referees.
We are keen to promote strong principles of equality and diversity and would welcome applications from all backgrounds. Disabled people are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are keen to promote strong principles of equality and diversity and would welcome applications from all backgrounds. Disabled people are strongly encouraged to apply and ADD guarantees interviews to those who meet our minimum criteria. Read our policy here.
ADD International is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Bill and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently. Read our policy here.