The Head of Financial Accounting and Compliance will take full responsibility for producing accurate consolidated financial statements whilst maintaining strong systems of internal financial controls across the organisation. This is a key role within the Finance and Operations Department and the wider organisation. Leading and managing the Financial Accounting team and supporting employees at all levels. The role will be also responsible for assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes, systems and financial controls across all aspects of the organisation’s activities by undertaking risk-based audits.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills and experience:
- Membership of a reputable accountancy body (ACCA, CIPFA, ICAEW, CPA or equivalent), or QBE
- Cross sectorial accounting knowledge and understanding, including experience within a similar-sized organisation
- Substantial experience of financial management and/or audit
- Good knowledge and experience of preparing final accounts under FRS 102 SORP and other statutory requirements
- Extensive experience in preparing and managing significant budgets with diverse streams of income and expenditure
- Knowledge and working experience with Comic Relief, USAID, EU, DfID and other donors
For further information on the role and what we are looking for, please see the job description.
HOW TO APPLY.
This vacancy does not meet the minimum requirements for work permit recruitment therefore we can only accept applications from people who are currently eligible to work in the UK.
Interested applicants should send the following attachments by email:
- Their CV (max 2 pages)
- Letter of motivation (max 2 pages), please state your current or most recent salary
- Completed equal opportunities form
- The names contact numbers and email addresses of 2 referees (please state if you are not happy for them to be contacted at this stage)
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date specified below.
If you need an accessible format, please contact Jess Gleeson (Tuesdays and Wednesdays only) on +44 1373 473 064 or email email@example.com
Application deadline: 12noon UK time on Monday 15th April 2019. Due to the urgent need to fill this position, shortlisting and interviewing will take place on a rolling basis.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. We are unfortunately only able to reply to those shortlisted.
We are keen to promote strong principles of equality and diversity and would welcome applications from all backgrounds. Disabled people are strongly encouraged to apply and as a ‘disability confident employer’ ADD guarantees to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. For more information on this please see our Equal Opportunities Policy.
Our Commitment to Safeguarding.
ADD International believes that it is always unacceptable for anyone to experience abuse of any kind. We recognise our responsibility to safeguard all children, young people and adults, and promote their welfare. ADD expects high standards of conduct and professionalism from all our employees and volunteer. In turn our workers are entitled to expect to work in an atmosphere that promotes high standards and mutual respect. Both within and outside of work, staff are expected to behave in a manner which does not bring the organisation into disrepute.
We carry out appropriate background checks for all staff, trustees, consultants or volunteers (including obtaining references, checking qualifications and right to work checks). For those who may come into direct contact with children or vulnerable adults, or with sensitive and personal data and images, or who have overall responsibility for safeguarding, we carry out appropriate criminal record checks.
ADD International is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Bill and is committed to processing your data securely and transparently. For more information on this please see our ‘Job Applicant Privacy Notice’.